Giovanni Panerai (1825-1897), founder of the family business, opens the first watchmaker's shop in Florence in 1860 on the Ponte alle Grazie and establishes contact with the most prestigious and longest established Swiss watch manufacturers. Guido Panerai (1873-1934), grandson of the founder, expands his grandfather's business and gives it new impetus, specializing in high precision mechanisms and becoming official supplier to the Royal Italian Navy.
At the turn of the century, the shop moves to the Piazza San Giovanni site in Florence, where the Panerai boutique can be found today, and the Orologeria Svizzera name, still visible today, appears on the shop door to underline the close link between the watches and their Swiss origin. In this period, the first deliveries of precision optical and mechanical instruments are made to the Ministry of Defence. Today, Officine Panerai is recognized as world leader in precision watch-making.
CJ Charles Jewelers is proud to be an authorized Officine Panerai Watches dealer and carry the tradition established in 1860. LA Confidential Magazine's coverage of the recent La Jolla Panerai Boutique grand opening. To commemorate the grand opening, a 2012 Boutique Special Edition piece, the 44 mm Panerai Luminor Marina with the back sporting engraving of La Jolla's famous Cove are available exclusively our Panerai boutique.
Officine Panerai Official Website